Happiness In a Nutshell - Newsletter #67- Growing or Shrinking December 14 2014, 4 Comments
GROWING or SHRINKING?
So often, we expect more of our children than we do of ourselves!
We ask ten-year-old Johnny, “What do you know this year that you didn’t know last year?”
We explain to Johnny, “You must make reasonable progress.”
Maybe we need Johnny to be asking US the same question:
- “Mom, what do YOU know this year that you didn’t know last year?”
- “Dad, what did YOU achieve in 2014?”
Peter Manuel was the principal at my old school, Victor Harbor High. Aged 18, Peter decided to learn a new skill each year of his life.
He learned carpentry, pottery, tried drama, painted watercolors, learned some German, studied plastics, learned to lay bricks …
Says Peter: "That decision changed my life. At some things, like piano, I was terrible - but I had fun trying!"
- What new skill would you like to learn?
- What simple goal could change your 2015?
In a Nutshell
We are either growing or we are shrinking.
- POLAND: How Life Works will be published in 2015 by Wydawnictwo K.E. Liber.
- INDIA: How Life Works will soon be released by Embassy Books
- RUSSIA: How Life Works will be published in 2015 by Eksmo
How Life Works
I have spent 30 years trying to figure out WHY people succeed.
It’s not just education, it’s not who you know and it’s not luck. So what is the secret?
It’s all in How Life Works.
Karen from New Zealand wrote:
“Great tips … awesome advice that sets a great path forward. This rocks. So will you. It’s all here. Love it. :)”
Karen Jane Nuttall Pike, AUCKLAND.
20% off all e-books and hardcopies until the end of the year including How Life Works!
Use Offer Code: "CHRISTMAS".
Andrew Matthews’ books are published in 42 languages and he is a popular speaker at conferences around the world.